Wednesday, June 22, 2005

'Berlusconi's fat' moulded to art

Dear faithful readers (all two of you), I know haven't blogged for a whole ... 16 days! I notice that some of you have been checking everyday for something from me, be it a new adventure in my exciting life, some opinion on a hotly debated issue, or a new product I'm excited about.

Well, the time has come, and I'm about to give you ... none of the above. Just this news item that will speak for itself.

An art work purportedly made from excess fat from Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi has been sold for $18,000 (£9,862).



Switzerland-based artist Gianni Motti claims to have bought the fat from a clinic where the leader had a liposuction operation performed. He moulded it into a bar of soap which he named Mani Pulite (Clean Hands).

"I came up with the idea of because soap is made of pig fat, and I thought how much more appropriate it would be if people washed their hands using a piece of Berlusconi,"

How ironic. Silvio Berlusconi and 'Clean Hands'.

And how gross.



Anyone want to guess which part of his body the fat came from?