Wednesday, March 30, 2005

On Statues and Shopping

Holiday Villa Subang is a sprawling resort over 8 acres overlooking a small lake. Where we spotted a turtle. What was a little strange (to me at least) was the abundance of Greek-ish statues all over the place. That aside, it was a pleasant evening that we spent there. Food at the Coffee House was excellent.



We also discovered on the table in our room, a large box of chocolates shaped like F1 cars, courtesy of the organisers. Very nice and thoughtful of them. The chocs provided a final twist to the tale, which I shall reveal at the very end. Bittersweet too - both the chocs and the twist.

Anyway, given our physical condition, we cancelled our plans of driving up to KL, getting dinner there and partying the night away, and instead opted for a quick linner at the aforementioned Coffee House, followed by shopping at Sunway Pyramid. Sa was naturally very thrilled on discovering that British India had a 70% discount outlet there, and we spent the better part of 2 hours (and the better part of my life’s savings) in that shop alone. Walked around a bit more and returned to the hotel. My eyes were swimming in my head and my vision was getting blurred (really!), and I needed sleep. Got back to the hotel and ordered some pita bread with babaghanoush for supper and slept the sleep of the dead.